Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To the Airport: Ready for Takeoff

My family and I left DFW airport on August 13th bright and early. My amazing friends woke up and came to the airport to say goodbye. I love them all so much and miss them!! Be jealous, cause they're the best. It was a sad time, but I'm excited to see where we all will be a year from now.

We flew to New York and then straight to Dakar, Senegal. Praise God there were no complications and all our luggage made it. You would never believe the problems that can occur on international trips. It felt like a longer flight than past years. Maybe it was nerves...thankfully I was able to get some sleep.

We arrived the next morning at 6:00am and were greeted at the airport by some special people I call family, Maggie and Kyle, along with a couple good friends. From there, my parents and I split ways and I was brought to my apartment and new home for the year. To say I was excited is a bit of an understatement. I was full of so much joy to finally be here. Everyone kept waiting for jet lag to hit me, but I proved them wrong and it never did. How could I even think about sleeping when I just moved to Senegal??

Saying goodbye to Regan, Kaylen, and Sara

My last Starbucks before boarding the plane

And we're off!!
                         

Moving in

Meet Wia. The sweet, but sassy kitty living with me for the year

No comments:

Post a Comment